Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Benetech respects the intellectual property rights of others
If you believe that any content on the Bookshare website infringes one or more of your copyright rights, please notify our designated agent by email, mail, or fax at the following address:
Bookshare, Director of Operations
480 California Avenue, Suite 201
Palo Alto, CA 94306-1609
Tel: (650) 644-3400
Fax: (650) 475-1066
Your DMCA notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Benetech to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Benetech to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Failure to include all of the above information may delay or prevent the processing of the DMCA notice.
Benetech expects all users of the Bookshare website to comply with applicable copyright laws. Benetech will respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the DMCA, or if it otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent or likely, by removing or disabling access to material that is claimed to be infringing. Benetech will also comply with the relevant provisions of the DMCA in the event that a counter-notification is received by its designated agent.