Voice Dream Reader
Audiences: This reading tool may be beneficial for Bookshare members who qualify with one of the following reasons:
- Blindness: Read aloud with 36 built-in voices or more than 100 other purchase options, navigation integrated with VoiceOver text-to-speech (TTS)
- Low-Vision: same voicing capabilities, plus large font options, background, text and highlighting color options
- Learning Disability: Word-level highlighting plus above voicing options, plus OpenDyslexic font
- Physical Disability: Switch-compatible
Feature-rich, accessible TTS Reader!
Having reached top 10 in Education in 86 countries, Voice Dream Reader is the world's most accessible reading tool. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable screen layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style from completely auditory to completely visual, plus synchronized combination of both.
Voice Dream Reader supports reading PDF and Word documents, DRM-free EPUB and DAISY eBooks, Web pages and more. It's directly integrated with Bookshare, Dropbox, G-Drive, Evernote, Pocket, Instapaper, and Gutenberg.
- Built-in voices, as well as in-app purchases of higher-quality voices
- Listen to documents like it's music, with play-pause button, gestures or remote control
- Synchronized word and line highlighting, font choices, customizable color themes
- Easy extraction of common filetypes, as well as full integration with Bookshare
- Full-text search and playlists to find text or your books on you iOS device
- iOS: compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Many new features require iOS 7.0 or later
- Android: 4.4 and up
Book formats: Bookshare books, PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, Apple Pages, and HTML files