Books without Barriers - Accessible books, magazines and periodicals
Accessible Books and Periodicals for Readers with Print Disabilities
- Bookshare® is free for all U.S. students with qualifying disabilities. Student memberships are currently funded by an award from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).
- Bookshare dramatically increases the accessibility of books. Bookshare believes that people with disabilities deserve the same ease of access to books and periodicals that people without disabilities enjoy.
- A searchable online library. The Bookshare collection of digital books and textbooks now numbers over 50,000, as well as over 150 newspapers and periodicals.
- Readers of all ages. Bookshare offers affordable membership, unlimited library privileges and a community of Members, Volunteers, parents, publishers and authors.
- Latest Bookshare News and Events:
This project is supported by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (Cooperative Agreement #H327K070001). Opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the position of the U.S. Department of Education.