- Table View
- List View
This Volume 1, Welding Science and Technology, covers all the basic material on the physics and chemistry of welding, including metallurgy, equilibrium diagrams, testing of welds, drawing and welding symbols and an appendix with tables and conversions. There is a comprehensive section on NDT and destructive testing of welds and crack tip opening displacement testing. The updated text now includes a new chapter devoted to the inverter power unit.
The Science and Practice of Welding, now in its tenth edition, is an introduction to the theory and practice of welding processes and their applications. Volume 1, Welding Science and Technology, explains the basic principles of physics, chemistry and metallurgy applied to welding. The section on electrical principles includes a simple description of the silicon diode and resistor, the production and use of square wave, and one-knob stepless control of welding current. There is a comprehensive section on non-destructive testing (NDT) and destructive testing of welds and Crack Tip Opening Displacement Testing. The text has been brought completely up-to-date and now includes a new chapter devoted to the Inverter power unit, and duplex stainless steel has been included in the list of materials described. Volume 2, The Practice of Welding, is a comprehensive survey of the welding methods in use today and includes up-to-date information on all types of welding methods and tools, including manula metal are welding(MMA), gas shielded metal are welding(MIG and MAG), tungsten electrode inert gas shielded welding processes(TIG) and plasma are processes, resistance welding and flash butt welding, oxy-acetylene welding. The book also has a chapter on cutting processes. This new edition has been brought right up-to-date with a new chapter on the welding of plastics, and new sections on the welding of duplex stainless steel and air plasma cutting. As in previous editions, the appendice brings together a wealth of essential information, including British and American welding symbols, tables of conversion, informatin on propriety welding gases and mixtures, testing practices, safety features and tables of brazing alloys and fluxes. Both volumes contain numerous questions of the type set craftsman and technician grade of the City and Guilds of London Institute examinations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.