A Spanish textbook that teaches about culture, history, people and places.
A Social Studies, literature and culture.
A Spanish History, Culture, Science, Geography, Economy, Civics, Government, Society and Technology textbook.
This book examines the geography, history, and economy of Ohio.
A social studies textbook.
Our Communities provides information about people, the communities in which they live, and their governments.
The Social Studies Strands are a way of thinking about Social Studies. Social Studies is the study of people and the world we live in. One way to think about Social Studies is to break it into parts. We call these parts the strands.
Our Country's Regions examines the geography, history, and economies of different regions in our country
Textbook about the US.
In this textbook you will meet special people and learn many important things. On the BIOGRAPHY pages and in the POINTS OF VIEW lessons, you will see eight important words that help define what it means to be a good citizen. These words are COURAGE, FREEDOM, HONESTY, JUSTICE, LEADERSHIP, LOYALTY, RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY. They help us understand how to be better citizens in our home, neighborhood, school, community, country, and world.
Our Nation is the key to unlocking the exciting story of our nation's history for all middle grades students. Authors focus on the "why" of history--helping students make meaning of what happened long ago, why it happened, and how it remains important to us today.
This book traces the history of the world from ancient times to the present.
Textbook for 1st graders.
The book contains Literature, Biography Reference Section, charts and graphs and maps, etc.
This book explores important current social justice issues that confront young children in America. A broad range of topics related to the fair treatment of young children and their families are approached with a fresh and hopeful energy. The central argument of this volume is that a fair and just society must protect the basic needs of all children so they are able to reach their full potential to learn, grow, and ultimately become productive democratic citizens. The book includes contributions from an impressive group of authors who have been consistent voices for the fair and equitable treatment of children in school and society. Each chapter examines a critical issue in child social justice with a focus on the current problem, historical importance of the issue, potential solutions, and a vision for the future. The book has been developed to reach a wide audience of professionals whose work involves children and who have grown concerned about social forces that cause child suffering and threaten the well-being or even the survival of children in the United States. Readers will come away with up to date information and a renewed commitment to being life-long advocates for children.
The Social Studies Strands are a way of thinking about social studies. Social studies is the study of people and the world we live in. This is a very big subject! One way to think about social studies is to break it into parts. We call these parts strands.
A Social Studies Spanish text book, that teaches the eight areas of Social Studies: History, Economics, Geografrafia, Government, Civics, Culture, Science Technology and Society, Social Studies Skills.
In this textbook you will meet special people and learn many important things. The stories you read will help you understand some important words that define what it means to be a good citizen.
This edition contains a variety of reading resources for students of Grade two to learn.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.