- Table View
- List View
"One day when Pooh Bear had nothing else to do, he thought he would do something, so he went round to Piglet's house to see what Piglet was doing." Thus begins The House At Pooh Corner, A. A. Milne's wonderful companion volume to Winnie-the-Pooh. You will rediscover Pooh, Christopher Robin, Piglet, Eeyore, and all their friends--and be introduced to the irrepressible and very bouncy Tigger. This handsome keepsake edition of The House At Pooh Corner, first published in 1928 includes the complete text of A. A. Milne's simple and timeless tales and Ernest H. Shepard's unforgettable black-and-white illustrations. When you open the pages of this beloved book, you'll enter that enchanted place on the top of the Forest where "a little boy and his Bear will always be playing."
The simple book version of Pooh getting stuck in Rabbit's door because he ate too much honey. A book for beginning readers.
From the book: "Winnie-the-Pooh is walking through the forest when he comes upon a hole. "If I know anything about anything," he says, "that hole means Rabbit. And Rabbit means Company. And Company means Food." Hurrah! But once Pooh goes through the hole and has some honey, will he ever be able to get out?
From the beloved creator of Winnie-the-Pooh comes an irresistible collection of short stories guaranteed to delight readers of all ages. Drawing from a collection of stories originally published in 1921 and chosen exclusively by the author himself, The Sunny Side gathers the best short works by the inimitable A. A. Milne. Written for the satire magazine Punch, these brief stories and essays perfectly capture Milne's sly humor, beguiling social insight, and scathing wit. From "Odd Verses" to "War Sketches," "Summer Days" to "Men of Letters," Milne takes his readers from the stiff British drawing room to the irreverent joy of a boy's day at the beach. Ideal for curling up with in the hammock or stretching out by the fire, these tales shine brightly any day of the year. Complete with a series of whimsical illustrations, The Sunny Side offers the perfect chance to rediscover this forgotten classic by one of our most cherished authors.
Pooh and his friends find fun activities to do do all year long. Other books about Pooh and his friends are available from Bookshare.
"... diem cum Pu ac Porcellus heffalumpum capere conati sunt ..." "Non ceperunt, ceperuntne?" "Minime vero." Tu nequivit, quia omnis cerebri expers est. Ego autem heffalumpum cepi?" "Vere, istud pars fabulae est." Christophorus Robinus adnuit: "Egomet reminiscor," dixit. "Sed eae res fugiunt Pui memoriam, qua de causa fabulas bis narratas diligit. Tum tamen fabula vera est, non solum opus memoriae." "Equidem non secus sentio," dixi. Christophorus Robinus suspirium ab imo duxit, ursum pede apprehendit et Pum post se trahens ad ostium iit. Apud ostium se convertens dixit: "Venisne ut me in balneo videas?" "Possum," dixi. "Num eum ictu laesi?" "Minime vero." Adnuit et exiit et interposito deinde brevi tempore audivi Winnie ille Pum BUMP-BUMP-BUMP gradibus post eum ascendere.
"The adventures of Christopher Robin and his friends, in which Pooh Bear uses a balloon to get honey, Piglet meets a Heffalump, and Eeyore has a birthday." Other books about Pooh and his friends are available from Bookshare, and Latin students won't want to miss the delightful Latin translation, which is also available.
Winnie-The-Pooh cleverly attempts, with the use of a balloon, to reach the honey in a tree by floating upwards and pretending to be a cloud.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.