- Table View
- List View
For more than 30 years,Novel & Short Story Writer's Market has provided aspiring authors with the most complete and up-to-date information they need on publishing their work. This edition is the best yet, with more than 1,500 listings and more editorial content than ever before / With interviews and articles from industry insiders on pertinent topics like the importance of developing your prose style, creating a voice and authentic dialogue appropriate to your genre, strategies for self-publishing, and tips and tools to help you manage the time you spend on perfecting your craft. You also gain access to: Thorough indexes that make choosing the best potential markets easier
The Most Trusted Guide to Songwriting Success For 35 years,Songwriter's Markethas provided the most complete and up-to-date information songwriters need to place their songs with music publishers, record companies, record producers, managers, booking agents, music firms and more. In the 2012 edition you also gain access to: Hundreds of songwriting placement opportunities Power-packed articles on taking charge of your career#151;including how to navigate the constantly evolving world of social media and discover alternative routes to songwriting success Listings for songwriting organizations, conferences, workshops, retreats, colonies, contests, and venues (a brand new addition to the listings; a helpful tool for indie artists booking their own tours) Take charge of your songwriting career today with the2012 Songwriter's Market. Includes an exclusive 60-minuteFREE WEBINARwith music licensing expert Sarah Gavigan that will teach you how to find new placements for your music "Songwriter's Marketis a valuable resource for songwriters, especially those living away from traditional music centers. It's stuffed full of useful information. " #151;Pat Pattison, author ofSongwriting Without BoundariesandWriting Better Lyrics "Learn how to create buzz as an artist. This is an excellent resource to determine the kind of entrance you want to make into the world of singer-songwriters. " #151;Amy Stroup, indie artist,The Other Side of Love Sessions
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.