- Table View
- List View
If the family is eating organic foods, recycling, and steering clear of chemicals, why shouldn't it be the same for Fido? Eco Dog is a comprehensive guide to nontoxic and planet-friendly dog care. It delivers information on the potential dangers of conventional pet food, grooming products, and accessories and then offers shopping tips and 25 homeprojects for all-natural alternatives. Rosemary Conditioner replaces chemical-laden flea collars while a Felted Dog Blanket recycles sweaters long past their prime. With cheerful photos of doggies enjoying organic treats, Eco Dog is a clear reminder that a healthy dog is a happy dog.
Now in ebook for the first time ever! Embroidery empress Jenny Hart taught her legion of fans the basics with the best-selling Stitch-It Kit and Sublime Stitching. Now, for the first time ever in digital format, she takes stitchers one step further with instructions and diagrams for more than 35 stitches. This very special ebook includes the text from the print version, plus instructions for how to print the patterns and iron-on transfers. With lots of project photos for guidance, even beginners can learn how to stitch faux tattoos on their shirt sleeves, cheeky fan dancers on their shower curtains, and many more fun projects.
Holiday Crafting & Baking with Kids will bring the whole family together for some good holiday fun. Children ages four and up will love selecting their own materials and digging into these cheerful projects. There is something here for everyone and every winter occasion Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, New Year's, and Boxing Day! Step-by-step instructions, helpful templates, and color photos make it a cinch for little ones to follow along. Best of all, the materials and ingredients for these projects are inexpensive, easy to find, and even easier to turn into amazing gifts, decorations, and treats.
Like mother, like daughter! Mom & Me Knits offers everything a knitter needs to stitch up fashionable pieces for herself and her little one. Stefanie Japel, celebrated knit designer and mother of two little girls, has created smart, sophisticated pieces for mothers and more whimsical, youthful interpretations for daughters. From an elegant Lace Cardigan and a casual Halter Top to a cozy Shawlette and a fun Surfer Tee, this sweet book has something for everyone. The patterns can be adapted for child ages 4 through 10 and adult sizes XS through XXL. With a glossary of important techniques and terms, step-by-step instructions, and gorgeous color photographs, Mom & Me Knits makes it a cinch to whip up adorable, matching knitted apparel for mothers and their favorite little girls.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.