- Table View
- List View
Resiliency--the ability to adapt to life's changes and crises--is key to a healthy, productive life. Based on his deep knowledge of the new science of resiliency, Dr. Al Siebert explains how and why some people are more resilient than others and how resiliency can be learned at any age. Through anecdotes, exercises, and examples, Dr. Siebert details a unique five-level program for becoming more resilient.
"The Resiliency Advantage" is the first book based in the emerging new "science" of resiliency. It shows people in all occupations and circumstances how to become skilled at bouncing back quickly from setbacks, making difficult challenges turn out well, and converting misfortune into good fortune. Dr. Al Siebert is Director of The Resiliency Centre and author of "The Survivor Personality". He is an ex-paratrooper with a Ph.D. in psychology.
The Survivor Personality: Why Some People Are Stronger, Smarter, & More Skillful at Handling Life's Difficulties...And How You Can Be, Tooby Al Siebert
"If you have yet to discover within yourself those qualities that seem evident in survivors...this book will...show you what they are..., how you can access and use them for yourself." from Foreword
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.