BASED ON TRUE STORIES FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
CRIMES AND MISDUMBMEANERS contains 100 stories of idiots such as * The thief who stole some loot from a car and then slammed the locked door- on his thumb. It stayed locked until the police arrived and arrested him. * An Indianapolis man urho robbed a gun from his neighbor's house. The gun didn't work and so he broke in again to return it. A robber who was told by a teller that she didn't have as much money as he wanted and it would take a few minutes to get it together. The man waited patiently while the teller got the money - and the police. * The homeowner who called 911 when he captured a thief on his property. The stolen goods were "my best marijuana plants." Police arrested the thief and the homeowner
I always ask a suspect, "Do you have any drugs tonight?" The suspect always says, "No, officer" with an incredible innocence and look of disbelief. Then I pat him down and I find a bag of crack, a Saturday Night Special, and a switchblade knife. He tells me he's never seen these things before. When I explain that they just came out of the pants he is wearing, without hesitating, the suspect always says, "But these aren't my pants!" One 300-pound dumb criminal got in even more trouble. Pointing to his 90-pound girlfriend, he explained, "They are hers. She used to be much larger." The police had to intervene to save the man from his petite but outraged friend. These Aren't My Pants! is a collection of 320 of the dumbest stories from the four best-selling America's Dumbest Criminals books and the popular television show along with 40 all-new stories. Every 6.8 seconds another dumb crime is committed. Here is the ultimate collection of the most incredibly stupid and painfully dumb attempts at crime including... * The accused vending-machine thief who paid his $400 bail entirely in quarters * The bank robber who had to go back to the bank for the car keys he had left on the counter * The woman who invalidated her winning $5,000 lottery ticket by altering it to match the $20 prize number * The two suspects on trial who raised their hands when the prosecutor asked the victim if those guilty were in the courtroom
First came the New York Times bestseller America's Dumbest CriminalsTM, then there were more amazing tales of stupid but true crimes in Wanted! Dumb or Alive. In this book, hilarious criminal cluelessness is uncovered on every continent in one hundred new stories.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.