- Table View
- List View
This is the biggest, most complete and most authoritative book ever written on poker-everything there is to know about the Great American Game from the rules of each variation to the most expert instruction on playing the odds.
In 1742, Edmond Hoyle published the definitive book on the popular game of his day, whist. Games evolve with time, just as whist gave rise to contract bridge. However, more than 250 years later, Hoyle's is still the definitive name when it comes to the rules of the game--whether it's bridge, backgammon, Scrabble® or Blackjack. The game player's basic reference, this handy guide has now been updated and expanded and includes rules, strategies, and odds for over 250 games, from including such favorites as: * Scrabble® * Canasta * Contract Bridge * Gin Rummy * Chess * Backgammon * Solitaire games: Nestor, Pounce, Pyramid, and Russian Bank * Poker variations: Anaconda, Blind Tiger, and Hold 'em * Children's games: Beggar-your-neighbor, Memory, and Slapjack * Computer games: Minesweeper and Freecell * And more Learn how to play, sharpen your strategy, and settle disputes--with this newest edition of the classic reference guide.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.