- Table View
- List View
Discusses ways that teenagers can improve their relationship with their parents and help each other develop mutual trust and respect.
The best-selling author of HOW RUDE! & BRINGING UP PARENTS describes safe, creative, natural ways to leave stress city and find peace, pleasure, excitement, and insight-- without losing your mind to drugs and alcohol.
You can help to create the civilized home. A place where people talk instead of yell. Pick up after themselves. Respect each other. Fight fair. And don't hog the bathroom.
If you want to be friendless, dateless, and alone, act like a rude, selfish slob and see what happens. Of course, that's not what you want. You'd rather have friends and more-than-friends.
School rudeness is on the rise, but you don't have to take it anymore. You spend more of your waking day in school than anyplace else. Why not make it a little bit kinder?
Here's an etiquette book that teens will want to read--because it keeps them laughing, doesn't preach, and deals with issues that matter to them, as teens themselves reported in a nationwide survey. In How Rude!, author Alex J. Packer blends outrageous humor with sound advice as he guides readers through the mysterious world of manners from A ("Applause") to Z ("Zits"). He starts by explaining why etiquette is important--because people who know how to handle themselves in social situations come out on top, get what they want, feel good about themselves, and enjoy life to the fullest. Fourteen chapters describe the basics of polite behavior in all kinds of situations at home, in school, and in the world. Teens learn how to be a host with the most (and a guest with the best), what to do (and not do) when going online or waiting in line, how to deal with rude relatives, how to act at the mall and the concert hall, how to make introductions, who invented manners, and much more. Hundreds of "Dear Alex" questions and answers cover everything from dating to breaking up, thank-you notes to table manners, ethnic jokes to social cliques, skateboarding to celebrating. Survey results reveal what teens, parents, and teachers think about manners and why they're important. Full of practical tips for every occasion, How Rude! is a serious etiquette encyclopedia--and a hilarious read.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.