- Table View
- List View
In chasing "the good life," many of us sacrifice our relationships, our health, and our sanity, but at the end of the day, we still find ourselves with lives and work that bring us little fulfillment. Life isn't about the pursuit of happiness, which is superficial and fleeting. It's about meaning, which helps us realize our full potential, and knowing that our lives and work matter-regardless of circumstances. Dr. Alex Pattakos and Elaine Dundon, two bestselling authors and leaders of the Meaning Movement, give readers The OPA! Way: Finding Joy & Meaning in Everyday Life & Work. Inspired by the wisdom of ancient Greek philosophy and traditional village values, and backed by years of research, The OPA! Way provides a breakthrough approach and practical tools to renew your outlook and rejuvenate your life. Pattakos and Dundon demystify the subject of meaning by sharing insights, stories, and three core lessons to guide you on your odyssey: Connect meaningfully with OthersEngage with deeper Purpose Embrace life with Attitude Stop searching for happiness and start searching for meaning. Create the life you want, The OPA! Way.
How do I find meaning in my life? How can I find meaning in my work? World-renowned psychiatrist Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" is one of the most important books of modern times.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.