- Table View
- List View
Dips are the perfect party foods, and this full-color cookbook gives you more than 60 recipes that will add pizzazz to any party?cool dips, hot dips, salsas, spreads, p?t?s, and even recipes for dessert dips. You?ll find recipes for all your favorites, each with a special twist, as well as lots of new and exciting choices like Rockin? Moroccan Salsa, Artichoke-Asiago Dip with Lemon, and Deviled Shrimp with Bacon.
This inviting craft book lays the groundwork for a lifetime of knitting--no prior skills necessary! Expert knitting author Melissa Leapman presents step-by-step instructions for all the essential skills, techniques, and abbreviations needed to get started knitting, plus clear how-to illustrations for visual learners. After mastering the basics, knitters are ready to knit up the included 22 projects, from cozy scarves and chunky sweaters to classic décor items like an ottoman pouf and irresistible hearts. With an inviting design, vibrant photographs, and bonus ideas for customizing each project, Knit It! will have crafters going from beginner to knitter in no time.
Elizabeth Taylor, Carrie Fisher, Tracey Ullman, and Laura Dern all own her work. Now, in her much-anticipated first book, embroidery pioneer Jenny Hart brings her sublime designs to everyone. Expanding on the offerings of her Stitch-It Kit, Sublime Stitching offers all the instructions, tips, and hip patterns needed to create hundreds of stylish projects. Perfect for stitchers of all experience levels, this charmingly photographed book includes simple directions and inspiring project ideas for stitching up jeans, handbags, neckties, baby bibs, and more. Best of all are the entirely original, ready-to-use iron-on patterns bound in the back. Jenny has included all sorts of delightful designsfrom cheeky margaritas and maracas to classic teapots and cupcakes. These patterns are easy to remove after using, and a cinch to store in the handy pockets on the inside covers. Believe it or not, each pattern can be used up to nine times. Now that's sublime.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.