- Table View
- List View
The Maxson family reunion is a bi-annual tradition. The big, dysfunctional family gets together one weekend every other year outside of Macon, Georgia to celebrate how far their family has come. Usually it's the same ol' routine: family activities, the reunion barbecue, and the formal banquet at the end of the weekend. This year everything has been turned upside down. Trying to keep the same schedule, throwing in a wedding and an unexpected funeral all on the same day, is a recipe for disaster. The wedding of Morgan Willis is the buzz around the small town, because Morgan is the prodigal child. She was their pageant queen who moved overseas without looking back. Returning to deal with everyone from her hometown is the last thing Morgan wants to do. She doesn't need everyone in her business, and she isn't ready to face her unfinished situation with Henry, her high school sweetheart. She's also nervous about revealing the identity of the person she's going to marry. All she wants to do is escape from her family and return to her life in London. The death of Joe "Junebug" Maxson is a complete shock to everyone, only made worse by the fact that it happened mere days before the family reunion. His children, Joe Jr. and Janette, refuse to be upstaged by Morgan's wedding and insist on holding Junebug's funeral during the same weekend. When their father's death brings out a long-held family secret, the bonds of the Maxson family will surely be tested. This weekend promises to be a reunion the Maxson's will never forget.
Twenty-one-year-old college student Alexis Nicole (Full Figured 2) proves once again a talent and insight beyond her years, with an intriguing story of three best friends trying to make their dreams come true in New York City. Fashion editor Skye's living the life, but she's got more than she can handle when a wealthy businessman and romantic artist both vie for her affections. Hairdresser Devin works at the hottest salon in the city, but life gets complicated when he becomes infatuated with a lover keeping dangerous secrets. And Cheyenne's been dating her boss for the past four years, but she doesn't know he's married. . . until she gets pregnant. It's a good thing these friends have each other to get them through!
Aspiring journalist Heiress Montgomery has her life all planned out. She graduated from the school of her dreams, she's working at a hot media magazine, and she has plans to become the editor-in-chief of a major publication. Her whole life is about accomplishing that goal, until she meets King Stevens. King has already achieved fame and fortune as an actor, and he completely turns Heiress's world upside down. Heiress comes to realize that life in the spotlight isn't always what it seems. Her dream becomes one long nightmare from which she just can't seem to wake up. Constant abuse, lies, addiction, and infidelity are part of the package with King. Things only become worse when she is betrayed by her best friend. Heiress feels like she's losing herself. Meeting therapist Leslie Hunter and running into her childhood friend Donovan has reminded her of who she used to be, but can they bring her back from the point of no return before it's too late?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.