- Table View
- List View
In May 1777, little Joanne Clarke and her friend Nancy Wagner are taken captive by a Native American, an ally of the British army. They are left in the woods where they find the Indian's pouch containing a letter with valuable information to the American Army at Albany.
To help the men of Machias, Maine, capture an English gunboat in June 1775, Rebecca and Anna undertake a dangerous journey through a forest to get ammunition for them-- based on a true story of the brave effort of two girls to bring help to a little settlement on the Maine coast at the time of the Revolution.
Originally published in 1921, this historical novel is set in 1783 at a time when British soldiers were still in control of New York City. It is a story of the adventures of a courageous loyal American girl, Annette Vincent, and her best friend, a Tory.
This is the story of a little girl whose home was among the Green Mountains of Vermont, then known as "The Wilderness," at the beginning of the American Revolution; and at the time when Ethan Allen and his brave soldiers were on guard to defend their rights.
When she is caught up in the events that will lead to the start of the Civil War, ten-year-old Sylvia is glad for the several good friends, including a young slave girl, she has made while living in Charleston, South Carolina.
Follow the experiences of Kathleen, a spirited 11-year-old in the days surrounding the eventful Civil War Battle at Gettysburg.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.