- Table View
- List View
Caring for veterans returning from service is just as important as preparing troops for deployment. Beyond the Line is a collection of current research presented by the Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research, an organization committed to finding the best solutions to address the range of health issues arising from military service. Bringing together work by defence scientists and researchers and clinicians from several Canadian universities, contributors present their findings on topics such as mental, physical, social, rehabilitative, and occupational health, in addition to combat care. Diverse topics, ranging from technology to programs for children, add depth and dimension. Providing expert insight into healthcare for armed forces, veterans, and their families, Beyond the Line engages the research community towards the common goal of improved healthcare services for Canada's military population.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.