- Table View
- List View
If you long to see your stories or artwork in the hands of young readers--from toddlers to teens--this is the book you'll need. Our 2009 edition includes 700+ updated listings for book publishers, magazines, agents, art reps, and others who may be interested in your work. Also includes articles and interviews with National Book Award winner Sherman Alexie; best-selling authors Scott Westerfeld and Katherine Applegate, and many others including more than half a dozen new authors. Listings for organizations, conferences, workshops, contests, awards, grants and more of interest to children's writers and illustrators included. Get perspective and insight into the writing, revising, and submitting of your work, negotiating contracts, working with agents, and more. This could be the year your writing dreams comes true.
For three decades, fiction writers have turned to Novel & Short Story Writer's Market to keep them up-to-date on the industry and help them get published. Whatever your genre or form, the 2010 edition of Novel & Short Story Writer's Market tells you who to contact and what to send them. In this edition you'll find: * Complete, up-to-date contact information for 1,200 book publishers, magazines and journals, literary agents, contests and conferences. * News with novelists such as Gregory Frost, Jonathan Mayberry, Carolyn Hart, Chelsea Cain, Mary Rosenblum, Brian Evenson and Patricia Briggs, plus interviews with four debut authors who share their stories and offer advice. * Nearly 200 pages of informative and inspirational articles on the craft and business of fiction, including pieces on a writing humor, satire, unsympathetic characters, and genre fiction; tips from editors and authors on how to get published; exercises to improve your craft; and more. * Features devoted to genre writing including romance, mystery, and speculative fiction. * And new this year: access to all Novel & Short Story Writer's Market listings in a searchable online database!
Now includes a subscription to CWIM online (the children's publishing area of writersmarket. com). The 2011 CWIM offers more than 650 listings for book publishers, magazines, agents, art reps and more. It's completely updated and is the most trusted source for children's publishing information. CWIM also contains exclusive interviews with and articles by well-respected and award-winning authors, illustrators, and publishing professionals as well as nuts-and-bolts how-to information. Readers will learn what to do, how to do it, and get loads of information and inspiration.
Now includes a subscription to NSSWM online (the fiction section of writersmarket.com). For 28 years, Novel & Short Story Writer?s Market has been the only resource of its kind exclusively for fiction writers. Anyone who is writing novels and/or stories?whether romance or literary, horror or graphic novel?needs this resource to help them prepare their submissions and sell their work. You'll have access to listings for over 1,100 book publishers, magazines, literary agents, writing contests and conferences, each containing current contact information, editorial needs, schedules and guidelines that save writers time and take the guesswork out of the submission process. NSSWM includes more than 100 pages of listings for literary journals alone and another 100 pages of book publishers (easily four times as many markets for fiction writers as Writer?s Market offers). It also features over a 100 pages of original content: interviews with working editors and writers, how-tos on the craft of fiction, and articles on the business of getting published.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.