- Table View
- List View
The events set in motion long ago by the Archons, an ancient race that founded the Empire, are now coming to a head. Though the world of Mera has been freed from the threat of King Khalazar, the Dragon Prince Mandrake has become the living embodiment of the cruel god Valdur, gifted with limitless power. To counter this threat, Ailia must fulfil the age-old prophecy and become the Tryna Lia, the champion of the Empire. As the time for the final battle draws ever nearer, the fate of not only Ailia, but of the entire Celestial Empire hangs in the balance.
"Proclaimed the long-prophesied ruler of the Celestial Empire, Princess Ailia escapes her enemies on the planet Mera and joins her father, the king, on the world of Arainia. There, with her trusted companions Damion, Jomar, and Lorelyn, she struggles to control her growing powers while gathering political allies." "Yet time is running out for Ailia. On Mera, the mad tyrant Khalazar enters into an unholy alliance with the Dragon Prince Mandrake, a shapechanger with the blood - and magic - of dragons in his veins. Together they assemble a fearsome army for an attack on Arainia. Desperate to strike first, Jomar and Damion return to Mera in command of a brave, yet untested, army of their own. But as they prepare for what might be their last battle, Ailia embarks alone on a perilous mission - one that will place her in Mandrake's power."--BOOK JACKET.
A fresh, new Canadian author, who is comparable to Marion Zimmer Bradley, debuts a brand new fantasy trilogy for all ages. The quest is on to find the coveted Stone of the Stars on the mystical isle of Trynisia, once a place where humans dwelt side by side with dragons. Four have set off on their journey to reach it-Ailia, a daydreaming bookworm; Damion, a devoted missionary; Jomar, a half-breed soldier-slave; and Lorelyn, quite possibly a prophesied savior, who will one day guide her people ina battle against the Dark God. But can they reach the isle and the Stone of the Stars before the tyrannical God-King Khalazar finds it and uses it to rule the world?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.