- Table View
- List View
Lou Seibert Pappas brings simple elegance to home entertaining in this delightful guide to creamy and crispy creme brulee. Whether classic, fruity, chocolatey, nutty, or savory, these easy-to-follow recipes add a fine finale to any meal. By mixing new flavors with just a few basic ingredients, first-time cooks and experienced chefs alike can serve showstoppers like Balsamic-Blackberry Creme Brulee made with Greek-style yogurt, or tartly sweet Cranberry-Orange Creme Brulee. With advice on choosing ingredients and equipment, tips on technique and presentation, and mouth-watering photographs, Creme Brulee is a dreamy addition to any dessert repertoire.
What can we grill? EVERYTHING! From the best-selling authors of Mastering the Grill, comes the first grill book focused on ingredients. Fire It Up shows today's cooks how to buy, prepare, and grill more than 290 ingredients from beef and pork to chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit, and more. Handy charts explain different cuts, best grilling methods, and perfect doneness. Insider Know-How and Keep It Simple tips solve dozens of dinnertime dilemmas. Gorgeous color photos and useful illustrations bring it all to life. With more than 400 delicious recipes and 160 winning rubs, brines, marinades, and sauces, Fire It Up makes it easy for everyone to become a backyard grill master--no matter what's on the menu. Jam packed with recipes, tips, and illustrations, Fire It Up is THE grill book for this summer.
Whether served at festive gatherings or intimate dinners, fondue is a party dish guaranteed to deliver fabulous flavors and fun. Best-selling author Lou Seibert Pappas offers recipes that are easy to make and fabulously delicious. Traditionalists will revel in cheese fondues such as Bagna Cauda and Tuscan Cheese Fondue. Entre options include Filet Mignon and Shrimp Fondue or Beach Lover's Fish Pot. Best of all, the host can enjoy the time spent with family and friends as the cooking is done right at the table. So, without ado, get ready to dip, swirl, and delight in Fondue!
Lemon sweets are the divas of desserts. Assertive and bold, lemons can be flamboyant, tart, and tangy as in the Lemon Granita or sweet, mellow, and velvety like the creamy Lemon Panna Cotta. Over 70 recipes--from the classics to lip-smacking new favorites--are all enticingly presented in Luscious Lemon Desserts. These recipes vary from the simple to the sublime, from the quick and easy to the most elaborate showstoppers. Author Lori Longbotham provides great tips on buying, storing, and using this most popular fruit. Whether it's a fast and fabulous lemon pudding or a Mile-High Lemon Angel Food Cake, the name says it all: Luscious Lemon Desserts. Yum!
Grilling is a science, and it's only when you understand the science of grilling that you can transform it into an art. That's what makes Mastering the Grill a standout on the cookbook shelf. From equipment (grill types and tools) to fire (wood, charcoal, or gas) to ingredients (meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables), the authors have shared their impressive grilling know-how to explain the whys and the hows--and guarantee the wows--clearly and comprehensively. In addition to hundreds of tips and techniques, this ultimate guide is packed with how-to illustrations and mouthwatering photographs plus 350 surefire recipes&mdashleverything from rubs and marinades to appetizers, entrees, side dishes, and desserts. Mastering the Grill is a master class in cooking, destined to become a sauce-stained, well-thumbed classic.
Now busy home cooks can bring the fantastic flavors of Thai cuisine into the kitchen with a simple trip to the grocery store. Nancie McDermott, experienced cook, teacher, and author of the best-selling cookbook Real Thai, presents this collection of 70 delicious recipes that focus on easy-to-find ingredients and quick cooking methods to whip up traditional Thai. With recipes like Crying Tiger Grilled Beef, Grilled Shrimp and Scallops with Lemongrass, Sticky Rice with Mangoes, and Thai Iced Tea, along with McDermott's highly practical array of shortcuts, substitutions, and time-saving techniques, anyone can prepare home-cooked authentic Thai meals--as often as they like.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.