This inspiring collection of stories about patriotic teens who served their countries courageously during times of war, spans the time period of the Revolutionary War through the Korean War.
Ten 'true' stories about strange and mysterious creatures. Do creepy creatures really exist in America? After reading in this book the accounts of such monsters as Lizard Man, Champ, Momo, and Whitey, you can make up your own mind...
Nine true ghost stories that have happened to real teens.
In a new edition of this bestselling title, the author documents amazing true stories of animals that came to the rescue of kids and saved their lives. Includes accounts of the brave dog that rescued two children from a burning house and a courageous cat that fought off a deadly intruder.
Two teenagers are driving at night when they spot a UFO. The next thing the kids remember, it's nearly two hours later. They have no idea what occurred. Later, under hypnosis, they tell a shocking story of a UFO abduction.
"Staff Sergeant Chad Malmberg must find a way to save his convoy ambushed by well-armed insurgents. He faces grim odds, because he and his small band of soldiers are outnumbered ten to one... and they're running out of ammo. Five times throughout a fierce firefight, Marine Scout Sniper Scott Montoya spots an injured comrade in the street. And five times Scott disregards his own safety and rushes out into the open, braving enemy fire to rescue each wounded Marine. These and other American heroes risked their lives serving their country in Iraq. You will never forget their incredible true stories." -Back Cover
A school girl named Jackie suffered a broken leg in a skiing accident. In the hospital, several nurses called her Sheila. Jackie soon discovered why. Gusting winds forced a hot-air balloonist to land in the yard of a young woman who was a stranger.
This is a good book about 10 different men who fought in the War. Each man earned the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Life's Hall of Shame is a mythical place where people are (dis)honored for bungling big time -- so big it's worthy of special attention. That's what this book is about. It's a lighthearted look at some of the wackiest, silliest, wildest blunders that have ever happened.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.