- Table View
- List View
Fleeing into the wilderness to escape an abusive marriage, Lady Isabelle Tynsdale would sooner face down a wild boar than spend another night with her wretched husband. Battered by the elements, desperate to elude a band of attackers, and defending herself against, as fate would have it, a wild boar she is rescued by the handsome Laird David Campbell. Campbell knows holding Isabelle captive for ransom is his best chance to temper the storm threateningto destroy his clan. The ransom of an English countess should be more than enough to pay off his debts to England and save him from an unwanted marriage. But Isabelle didn't escape her husband just to become another man's captive and Laird Campbell is seriously misguided if he thinks she's going to go quietly. Praise for "The Highlander's Sword:" Highly entertaining debut romantic comedy of miscommunications and misunderstandings. "-Publishers Weekly"
A quiet, flame-haired beauty with secrets of her own... Lady Aila Graham is destined for the convent, until her brother's death leaves her an heiress. Soon she is caught between hastily arranged marriage with a Highland warrior, the Abbot's insistence that she take her vows, the Scottish Laird who kidnaps her, and the traitor from within who betrays them all. She's nothing he expected and everything he really needs... Padyn MacLaren, a battled-hardened knight, returns home to the Highlands after years of fighting the English in France. MacLaren bears the physical scars of battle, but it is the deeper wounds of betrayal that have rocked his faith. Arriving with only a band of war-weary knights, MacLaren finds his land pillaged and his clan scattered. Determined to restore his clan, he sees Aila's fortune as the answer to his problems...but maybe it's the woman herself.
One Unconventional American Heiress Can Be Even Wilder Than the Highlands... Outspoken American heiress Harriet Redgrave is undeniably bad ton. She laughs too much, rides too fast, and tends to start fires pursuing her interest in the new science of chemistry. And despite her grandfather's matchmaking intentions to the contrary, Harriet has no interest in being wooed for her wealth. Duncan Maclachlan, Earl of Thornton, would never marry to repair the family fortunes. Or would he? When he saves Harriet from a science experiment about to go very, very, wrong, all bets are off. Praise for A Wedding in Springtime: "This entertaining novel is a diamond of the first order...the clever combination of wit, romance, and suspense strikes all the right notes."--Booklist "Forester promises her fans a warm, humorous jaunt through Regency England--and she delivers with a cast of engaging characters and delightful intrigue."--RT Book Reviews, 4 stars
A HEATED RIVALRY. . . Morrigan McNab is a Highland lady, robbed of her birthright and with no choice but to fight alongside her brothers to protect their impoverished clan. When she encounters Sir Jacques Dragonet, she discovers her fiercest opponent. . . IS GETTING EVEN HOTTER. . . Sir Jacques Dragonet will give his life to defend Scotland from the English. He can't stop himself from admiring the beautiful Highland lass who wields her weapons as skillfully as he does, and endangers his heart even more than his life. . . PRAISE FOR AMANDA FORESTER: "The Highlander's Heart is an engrossing, enthralling, and totally riveting read. Outstanding!" -- Jackie Ivie, A Knight and White Satin ''Talented Forester has constructed a highly entertaining debut. " --Publishers Weekly "Romance, humor, and Highland mystery all rolled into one. " --Wendy's Minding Spot
Praise for True Highland Spirit: "Unforgettable, entertaining, and well worth the read."--Romance Fiction Suite 101 Her Timing Couldn't Be Worse... Miss Eugenia Talbot's presentation to the queen is spoiled by a serious faux pas--the despicable William Grant made her laugh, right in front of Her Majesty. Now Eugenia is ruined and had better marry--someone, anyone--at once... And His Couldn't Be Better... Roguish William Grant has never taken anything seriously in his life. Until he meets Eugenia Talbot, who makes him feel and do thing he never thought he would. Now Eugenia's great sense of humor and kindheartedness may be her undoing, unless William can help her find a husband. To his surprise, that's the last thing he wants to do... Praise for The Highlander's Heart: "Elegant writing...beautifully written dialogue and attention to detail. Enthusiasts of historical romance will undoubtedly enjoy this."--Long and Short of It Reviews "A lovely and fun romance."--Fresh Fiction
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.