- Table View
- List View
The New Newbridge Academy has a strange, storied history and a gothic atmosphere, and since Noh's aunt is a teacher there, it's where Noh will be spending the summer while her father travels for work. Noh, slightly eccentric herself, enjoys exploring the campus, but things get spooky when she meets several other children near an old burned-out dormitory. There shouldn't be students around in the summer, right? But these kids turn out to be ghosts, and they need Noh's help. She is the only "realie" who can see them--and, now that the ghosts have started to disappear, the only one who can save them.
Even death could not stop Britain's greatest defenders.In 1838, William and Tamara Swift inherit a startling legacy from their dying grandfather, transforming them into the Protectors of Albion, mystical defenders of the soul of England. But the shocked, neophyte sorcerers also inherit unique allies in their battle against the dark forces. Fighting alongside them are the famous-even infamous-Ghosts of Albion: Lord Byron, Queen Bodicea, and Lord Admiral Nelson.When strange and hideous creatures appear in the slums of London, an unholy plague threatens to launch an epic battle that may rage all the way to Buckingham Palace . . . and beyond. Time is running out as William and Tamara must learn whether their friends will stand beside them, or seduce and betray them.From Amber Benson, known for her dramatic portrayal of Tara in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Christopher Golden, Bram Stoker Award--winning author of The Shadow Saga and Wildwood Road, comes a vengeful tale of demons, vampires, and ghosts set in nineteenth-century London. Based on the smash BBC Web series that took England by storm, Ghosts of Albion is a horror adventure laced with dark humor and darker lusts.From the Trade Paperback edition.
"A fabulously entertaining combination of Victorian conventions, sensuous undertones, and some seriously evil magic."-Charlaine Harris, author of Dead to the World, on Ghosts of Albion: AccursedBefore you can save Albion, you must destroy the poison in its black heart.William and Tamara Swift's newfound sorcerous powers as Protectors of Albion pale before the demonic forces threatening Britannia. But William and Tamara have formidable allies in Lord Byron, Queen Bodicea, and Lord Admiral Nelson-England's noble, notorious Ghosts of Albion.Responding to a plea from Cornwall, Tamara discovers that the rumors of young women, both human and fairy, vanishing without a trace are horribly true. Instead of hard clues, she uncovers only whispers of witches, infernal abductions, and a pyre of innocents planned for the solstice. Indeed, Tamara has never faced a more dangerous task-for the legendary land of King Arthur's Camelot also harbors dark, bloody deeds and a waking evil. Soon nothing, not even mighty Albion, will be safe from the deadly peril.Amber Benson, who immortalized Tara in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Christopher Golden, Bram Stoker Award--winning author of the Shadow Saga, have created a voluptuous, twisted thriller. Based on the BBC Web series that became a smash hit in England, Ghosts of Albion: Witchery brings to life a sizzling, ninteenth century world of fiends, phantoms, and spine-tingling terror.Praise for Ghosts of Albion: Accursed"Demons, bodice-ripping passion, and some good old murky London gloom; all one can ask for in a dark night's reading."-Kirkus Reviews"Equal doses of dark humor and genuine horror."-Library JournalFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
A strange whistling can be heard throughout the town of Kingsbury. Accompanying this sound is the appearance of large black dogs. Rose's beloved grandfather has just died and terrible things are happening to people throughout the town. Desperately searching for answers, Rose soon learns a terrifying legend about the mysterious creatures. "Seven hounds were dispatched from Hell to seek the Devil's due, to collect the souls of men who were damned for dreadful cowardice in the face of death. It's said that should all seven hounds ever gather in one location, it will spell the end of the world as we know it... Will Rose be able to stop The Whistlers?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.