- Table View
- List View
Through 17 chapters, this book presents the principle of many advanced biosignal processing techniques. After an important chapter introducing the main biosignal properties as well as the most recent acquisition techniques, it highlights five specific parts which build the body of this book. Each part concerns one of the most intensively used biosignals in the clinical routine, namely the Electrocardiogram (ECG), the Elektroenzephalogram (EEG), the Electromyogram (EMG) and the Evoked Potential (EP). In addition, each part gathers a certain number of chapters related to analysis, detection, classification, source separation and feature extraction. These aspects are explored by means of various advanced signal processing approaches, namely wavelets, Empirical Modal Decomposition, Neural networks, Markov models, Metaheuristics as well as hybrid approaches including wavelet networks, and neuro-fuzzy networks. The last part, concerns the Multimodal Biosignal processing, in which we present two different chapters related to the biomedical compression and the data fusion. Instead organising the chapters by approaches, the present book has been voluntarily structured according to signal categories (ECG, EEG, EMG, EP). This helps the reader, interested in a specific field, to assimilate easily the techniques dedicated to a given class of biosignals. Furthermore, most of signals used for illustration purpose in this book can be downloaded from the Medical Database for the Evaluation of Image and Signal Processing Algorithm. These materials assist considerably the user in evaluating the performances of their developed algorithms. This book is suited for final year graduate students, engineers and researchers in biomedical engineering and practicing engineers in biomedical science and medical physics.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.