- Table View
- List View
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) affects millions of people across the world. COPD is not only a major burden to patients but is also costly and results in billions of dollars of direct and indirect costs annually. In recent years and with advancement of science, the understanding of COPD has improved significantly. Fortunately, current management guidelines consider COPD a preventable and treatable condition, and recent studies clearly indicate that available pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions may improve various clinical outcomes. COPD: A Guide to Diagnosis and Clinical Management offers an exciting, evidence-based assessment of the field and will be of significant interest to clinicians who care for patients with COPD, including primary care providers and specialists. Comprehensive and state-of-the-art, this title is authored by experts who took the task of developing a resource that focuses on the essential issues in caring for patients with COPD. The first four chapters of the book cover major points about the systemic nature of COPD, the clinical and physiological assessments, and the outcome measures and prognostic markers. In the following section, various pharmacologic and non-pharmacological management strategies are reviewed based on the available evidence. The final sections outline the non-pulmonary effects of COPD and their management. COPD: A Guide to Diagnosis and Clinical Management is a vital, evidence-based text that will prove invaluable for all clinicians who care for patients with this debilitating disorder.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.