- Table View
- List View
Solid, practical advice on how to cope with the many personal challenges mothers of children with disabilities face at home, at work, and within themselves. A "how to" guide for living a balanced, fulfilling life with advice from moms who have been there -- this includes the authors' experiences and insights, and tips from dozens of other moms of kids with special needs who filled out the authors' questionnaire. Jam-packed with useful steps you can take to make your life more manageable, and ultimately more fulfilling. The book addresses 2 main concerns: Taking Care of Yourself (at home physically, emotionally, practically, spiritually/psychically); Taking Care of Business. Target Audience: Mothers of children with developmental disabilities (e.g., Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, etc.) or chronic health concerns.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.