- Table View
- List View
Bless Your Heart celebrates the uniquely loving way that Southerners show they care with food (which can usually be frozen and reheated). What Southern lady hasn't shown up with a covered dish (with her name written on masking tape on the bottom so she can get her pan back) at the church potluck, the school fundraiser, or at the home of someone who has lost a loved one to show just how much she cares? Bless Your Heart includes stories that perfectly and humorously capture the occasions when nothing else will work but putting aluminum foil over a favorite 9 x 13-inch dish filled with a best "show off" recipe. Here are more than two hundred recipes that are always popular at family reunions, holiday gatherings, tailgate parties, and the always popular all-day singing and dinner on the grounds. Whatever the occasion, Bless Your Heart aims to save the world one covered dish at a time.
You know how those Southern dessert recipes go-a cup of sugar here, a stick of butter there, eight squares of baking chocolate, or a pint of the season's juiciest fruit. That recipe for blueberry cream pie-it's been passed around the church for so long nobody can quite remember who made it first. Or how about the one for red velvet cheesecake you've been trying to coax out of your sister-in-law for years? She serves it every Christmas Eve, but so far her lips are sealed. These are the types of food traditions that inspire You Be Sweet-a celebration of Southern dessert recipes and the people who cherish them. In this compilation of stories and sweet treats, Patsy Caldwell and Amy Lyles Wilson peek in on those occasions special enough to demand something decadent, and memorable enough to be repeated time and again. You'll find the strawberry jam bars that always make an appearance at the neighborhood picnic. The German chocolate cake roll that pulls in the big bucks at the charity bake sale? That's here too. The blackberry jelly recipe that has graced Mason jars all over the South for decades? It's here, and it's just about the best hostess gift you can offer up. Be sweet? You won't be able to help it!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.