- Table View
- List View
Over 90 percent of the population suffers from inflammation or an autoimmune disorder. Until now, conventional medicine has said there is no cure. Minor irritations like rashes and runny noses are ignored, while chronic and debilitating diseases like Crohn's and rheumatoid arthritis are handled with a cocktail of toxic treatments that fail to address their root cause. But it doesn't have to be this way.In The Autoimmune Solution, Dr. Amy Myers, a renowned leader in functional medicine, offers her medically proven approach to prevent and reverse a wide range of inflammatory-related symptoms and diseases, including allergies, obesity, asthma, cardiovascular disease, fibromyalgia, lupus, IBS, chronic headaches, and Hashimoto's thyroiditis.The Myers Way is built on four pillars: Eliminating toxic foods, such as sugar and caffeine, and inflammatory foods, like dairy, gluten, and grains, which disrupt our digestive system. Introducing restorative ingredients and sup-plements, such as quality proteins, healthy fats, and probiotics, to repair the gut. Identifying environmental toxins in everyday products like shampoo, soap, cosmetics, detergent, and other household products. Healing autoimmune-related infections while relieving the mental, emotional, and physical stress that exacerbate the immune system's response to external toxins.Through this program, Dr. Myers has suc-cessfully treated thousands of patients. Whether you're battling multiple sclerosis or Graves' disease, or you simply want to put an end to nagging minor symptoms, The Autoimmune Solution is a medical breakthrough, a prescriptive and easy-to-follow program designed to fight and defeat the full spectrum of autoimmune diseases.
A chimney sweep in Victorian London, Tom is asked to model for a painter. His co-model is a red-headed stunner who becomes his friend. When her body is found murdered, he vows to find her murderer.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.