- Table View
- List View
Andal was a 10th century Tamil poet who is revered as a saint in the southern parts of India. Infact, she is considered as one of the twelve Alvars (saints) and the only woman Alvar (saint) of Vaishnavism (a cult devoted to Lord Vishnu). After her first work known as Thiruppavai, this one, Nachiyar Thirumozhi is the second compilation by Andal consisting of 143 verses. Through this poem, she disclosed her passionate yearning for Lord Vishnu. These 143 verses are a part of the 4000 hyms of Nalayira Divya Prabandham and are organized in 14 segments, each one called a tirumozhi. The poems compiled by Andal in her teenage years, display a high level of literary and religious maturity.
Part of Naalayira thivvya prabantham, Thriuppavai is a collection of 30 songs sung by Andal in praise of the Lord Mahavishnu. These songs are sung typically in the Tamil month of marghazhi culminating in the pongal festival in the month of Thai. It is said that Andal merged one with God at the end of these thirty days.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.