- Table View
- List View
After the parties, the frat rushes, the Big Test and the Big Game, the caffeinated all-nighters, and the pomp and circumstance, life comes knocking. Finding a job and keeping it; renting an apartment or sharing a sublet; dealing with your own money instead of your parents' money; looking for love (and looking and looking . . . ): who knew how complicated the world after college would be? Nearly 800 contributors to this How to Survive book found out, and happily share their hard-won insights. This useful, upbeat book collects stories, tips, and advice on finding the best place to live, entering adulthood without losing passion, taking care of one's health, finding a great job, and not going home for the holidays for the first time. Covering both the psychological adjustments and the nuts and bolts of daily life as a grown-up, How to Survive the Real World is witty, practical, and the perfect gift for the nervous grad.
Every Time You Go On a Date, you're faced with 347 "rules" on how to act, what to say, when to call him, when to kiss him, and how to play "the game."These rules do more than just insult your intelligence: they spread anxiety, breed insecurity, make us all more cynical and, worse, when you follow the rules you might overlook your match.In this empowering he said/she said guide, relationship experts Andrea Syrtash and Jeff Wilser help us take off the rules-colored glasses. The truth is men don't care if you sleep with them on the first date. (If they like you, they'll want to see you again.) How to find success in love? Don't trust the rules; trust yourself.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.