- Table View
- List View
More than twenty New York Times bestselling authors team up to create a first-rate serial novel, a one-of-a-kind collaboration that combines the skills of America's greatest storytellers to produce one spellbinding whopper of a mystery. Alexander McCall Smith. Sandra Brown. Faye Kellerman. J.A. Jance. Jeffery Deaver. Kathy Reichs. Lisa Scottoline. Jeff Lindsay. Only a handful of the names that make up the all-star lineup of authors behind the creation of No Rest for the Dead, a tale of vengeance, greed, and love that flows seamlessly, in the words of David Baldacci, "as it passes from mind to mind of each Creator." Recently, twenty-some of the nation's leading mystery and thriller writers joined together to form The American Detection Club, a group dedicated to publishing high-quality anthologies and serial genre novels. In No Rest for the Dead, their first endeavor, the group has collaborated to create the mystery behind the murder of Christopher Thomas, a curator at San Francisco's Museum of Fine Arts. Though Thomas's wife was convicted and executed for the crime, detective Jon Nunn is not convinced. Ten years after the murder, Nunn gathers together all who were present on the night Christopher died, intent on uncovering the truth, suspect by suspect. Edited by the talent at The Strand Magazine, the home of mystery fiction since 1890, No Rest for the Dead is a thrilling, page-turning accomplishment that only America's very best could achieve.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.