- Table View
- List View
More than twenty New York Times bestselling authors team up to create a first-rate serial novel, a one-of-a-kind collaboration that combines the skills of America's greatest storytellers to produce one spellbinding whopper of a mystery. Alexander McCall Smith. Sandra Brown. Faye Kellerman. J.A. Jance. Jeffery Deaver. Kathy Reichs. Lisa Scottoline. Jeff Lindsay. Only a handful of the names that make up the all-star lineup of authors behind the creation of No Rest for the Dead, a tale of vengeance, greed, and love that flows seamlessly, in the words of David Baldacci, "as it passes from mind to mind of each Creator." Recently, twenty-some of the nation's leading mystery and thriller writers joined together to form The American Detection Club, a group dedicated to publishing high-quality anthologies and serial genre novels. In No Rest for the Dead, their first endeavor, the group has collaborated to create the mystery behind the murder of Christopher Thomas, a curator at San Francisco's Museum of Fine Arts. Though Thomas's wife was convicted and executed for the crime, detective Jon Nunn is not convinced. Ten years after the murder, Nunn gathers together all who were present on the night Christopher died, intent on uncovering the truth, suspect by suspect. Edited by the talent at The Strand Magazine, the home of mystery fiction since 1890, No Rest for the Dead is a thrilling, page-turning accomplishment that only America's very best could achieve.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.