- Table View
- List View
"[The editors] cast their net wide, picking up some excellent stories from nontraditional sources that even avid readers of the business press may have missed."-USA Today, on the 2001 edition. Series editor Andrew Leckey and guest editor Ken Auletta have scoured the print media, consulted with the editors of major business and general interest publications, and surveyed journalism school deans to find the best business stories from the last twelve months. Among those selected: Michael Lewis on teenage stock trader Jonathan Lebed, from The New York Times Magazine; James B. Stewart on the irrepressible Michael Milken, from The New Yorker; and many others from the pages of The Wall Street Journal, Rolling Stone, Fortune, Rocky Mountain News, and Wired. The second annual edition continues the excellence and comprehensive range of this fascinating anthology series.
A collection of articles on the business practices, most of them despicable, of 2003-4.
More people are playing the stock market than ever before. Whether its through traditional investing, or using the internet to find investment opportunities, just about everyone is involved in the stock market in some form. Now, for the year 2000 edition, Andrew Leckey handpicks the top 50 companies that are most likely to yield the highest returns.
With its hip style and cutting-edge techniques, The Morningstar Company has positioned itself as the nation's leading authority on fund performance, and this book, aimed at the dynamic Baby Boomer and Generation X crowds that made Motley Fool's Guide to Investing a major success, reveals its secrets for the very first time to show how anyone can win the mutual fund game. National targeted ads/media.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.