- Table View
- List View
Hybrid dynamical systems exhibit continuous and instantaneous changes, having features of continuous-time and discrete-time dynamical systems. Filled with a wealth of examples to illustrate concepts, this book presents a complete theory of robust asymptotic stability for hybrid dynamical systems that is applicable to the design of hybrid control algorithms--algorithms that feature logic, timers, or combinations of digital and analog components. With the tools of modern mathematical analysis, Hybrid Dynamical Systems unifies and generalizes earlier developments in continuous-time and discrete-time nonlinear systems. It presents hybrid system versions of the necessary and sufficient Lyapunov conditions for asymptotic stability, invariance principles, and approximation techniques, and examines the robustness of asymptotic stability, motivated by the goal of designing robust hybrid control algorithms. This self-contained and classroom-tested book requires standard background in mathematical analysis and differential equations or nonlinear systems. It will interest graduate students in engineering as well as students and researchers in control, computer science, and mathematics.
This book provides a wide variety of state-space--based numerical algorithms for the synthesis of feedback algorithms for linear systems with input saturation. Specifically, it addresses and solves the anti-windup problem, presenting the objectives and terminology of the problem, the mathematical tools behind anti-windup algorithms, and more than twenty algorithms for anti-windup synthesis, illustrated with examples. Luca Zaccarian and Andrew Teel's modern method--combining a state-space approach with algorithms generated by solving linear matrix inequalities--treats MIMO and SISO systems with equal ease. The book, aimed at control engineers as well as graduate students, ranges from very simple anti-windup construction to sophisticated anti-windup algorithms for nonlinear systems.Describes the fundamental objectives and principles behind anti-windup synthesis for control systems with actuator saturation Takes a modern, state-space approach to synthesis that applies to both SISO and MIMO systems Presents algorithms as linear matrix inequalities that can be readily solved with widely available software Explains mathematical concepts that motivate synthesis algorithms Uses nonlinear performance curves to quantify performance relative to disturbances of varying magnitudes Includes anti-windup algorithms for a class of Euler-Lagrange nonlinear systems Traces the history of anti-windup research through an extensive annotated bibliography
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.