- Table View
- List View
This book provides a user-friendly introduction to the qualitative methods most commonly used in the mental health and psychotherapy arena.Chapters are written by leading researchers and the editors are experienced qualitative researchers, clinical trainers, and mental health practitionersProvides chapter-by-chapter guidance on conducting a qualitative study from across a range of approachesOffers guidance on how to review and appraise existing qualitative literature, how to choose the most appropriate method, and how to consider ethical issuesDemonstrates how specific methods have been applied to questions in mental health researchUses examples drawn from recent research, including research with service users, in mental health practice and in psychotherapy
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.