- Table View
- List View
Create Microsoft Office-based applications that work seamlessly in the Microsoft .NET environment--with this essential reference from Microsoft developer Andrew Whitechapel. The author provides expert advice on the various approaches you can use to build managed solutions with Office, and gives practical guidance on the most viable techniques for technical and business scenarios. You'll begin building custom .NET-based applications with detailed, practical exercises that take you through solutions from beginning to end. Andrew shares tactics, strategies, and best practices--plus full sample code--to help you maximize your development efforts. Packed with the same information used by Microsoft's Product Support Services team, this book is the one reference that every Office and .NET developer should have. Discover how to: Develop powerful .NET solutions for Office with managed interop assemblies Integrate managed code with Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Create custom commands and functionality with managed COM and Automation add-ins Build custom Office features with external data using Web services, .NET remoting, and research services Use Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office to create document-centric solutions for Microsoft Excel and Word Use digital signatures, strong-naming and .NET Code Access Security Control Office applications using Platform Invoke, Reflection, drag-and-drop, and the IAccessible interface Develop managed Smart Tags and managed Smart Document solutions Covers Microsoft Office 97, Office 2000, Office XP, and Microsoft Office System 2003 Editions
Build Windows Phone applications optimized for performance and security Drill into Windows Phone 7 design and architecture--and learn best practices for building a variety of applications. Each chapter focuses on a single Windows Phone building block or feature area, and shows you how to apply it in your applications. If you're an experienced .NET developer familiar with Microsoft® Silverlight®, you'll gain deep insights into the Windows Phone platform design and API surface. Discover how to: Master the Windows Phone application model, including its lifecycle and events Use Silverlight UI controls to create engaging applications Manage databinding and decouple architectural layers with the Model View ViewModel pattern Employ built-in sensors such as Assisted GPS, the accelerometer, and camera Use media services APIs for video streaming, as well as audio input and playback Consume web services and connect to the cloud through Windows AzureTM Apply Windows Phone 7.5 enhancements, such as multitasking and Fast Application Switching
Build and optimize Windows Phone 8 apps for performance and security Drill into Windows Phone 8 design and architecture, and learn best practices for building phone apps for consumers and the enterprise. Written by two senior members of the core Windows Phone Developer Platform team, this hands-on book gets you up to speed on the Windows 8 core features and application model, and shows you how to build apps with managed code in C# and native code in C++. You'll also learn how to incorporate Windows Phone 8 features such as speech, the Wallet, and in-app purchase. Discover how to: Create UIs with unique layouts, controls, and gesture support Manage databinding with the Model View ViewModel pattern Build apps that target Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7 Use built-in sensors, including the accelerometer and camera Consume web services and connect to social media apps Share code across Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 apps Build and deploy company hub apps for the enterprise Start developing games using Direct3D Test your app and submit it to the Windows Phone Store
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.