The most complete, step-by-step guide to the ACFS qualificationThe Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist Handbook is the only guide designed to support all mandatory elements of the ACFS qualification, in-depth and step-by-step. Written by recognized industry leaders, this book focuses specifically on the practitioner's role in fraud investigation in England and Wales, providing complete information about each stage in the investigative process. Readers gain access to all of the information needed to successfully complete the ACFS qualification, and to develop an awareness of the key skills required to undertake efficient, legally compliant, professional investigations. The book includes a Directory of Useful Information, featuring legislation, codes of practice, model forms, and more.As incidence of fraud continues to rise, many organisations are recruiting more Counter Fraud Specialists, and mandating Continuous Professional Development for established CFSs. The Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS) is a recognized qualification in the field, and is mandatory for investigators in many organisations throughout the public and private sectors. The Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist Handbook is a complete guide to the qualification, both for CPD and first-time qualifiers.Gain a deeper understanding of the legislation related to fraud and investigationLearn the surveillance and intelligence gathering techniques that build a solid caseReview the rules of evidence and statement taking guidelinesFollow courtroom procedures and prepare a thorough prosecution fileThe professional qualification of ACFS, which is endorsed by the Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board, requires both practical and written assessments that demonstrate successful knowledge transfer and understanding of all key concepts of the investigative process. For anyone tasked with the responsibility of countering fraud, The Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the investigative process.
Research skills are central to successfully completing the social work degree. This title will help students develop those skills and apply them to all aspects of their work. Detailed information is included on a variety of research methods, such as focus groups, literature reviews, questionnaires and interviews, which are fundamental to students' research projects. Packed with useful practical examples, it provides plenty of opportunity for critical examination of research methods and their outcomes.
Understanding sensory needs is fundamental for social work and care management practice. Social workers are trained to reflect on their own practice, make useful application of theory and promote anti-discriminatory practice at all times. This book will assist students in identifying people who have a sensory need and enable them to have the knowledge, skills and values to address this. Designed specifically to encourage students to build confidence and develop skills essential to best practice, this book is specifically structured to address all aspects of sensory need.
This book is a practical, user friendly text designed specifically for those undertaking dissertations or research projects in the final year of nursing programmes. Research forms a central part of nursing degrees, and final year dissertations are often based on literature searching and writing research project proposals. This book addresses the need for a clear and practical text to guide students from the initial stage of deciding on a research topic, completing a literature review and designing their research, through to choosing data collection and analysis methods, and finally writing up their project proposal or dissertation.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.