- Table View
- List View
Like throwing jelly at a wall, poor communication never sticks.Too much information and not enough relevance is a problem that pervades almost all business communication. So what's the answer? More relevance and a lot less jelly.The Jelly Effect teaches you simple, memorable and costless ways to win more attention and more business. Imagine how effective you'd be if you communicated only what was relevant 100 percent of the time. You would be better at talking to others, presenting, networking and selling. You would excel in interviews, meetings and pay-rise discussions. The benefits would be endless.The Jelly Effect will show you how to get the best out of any situation, whether you're speaking to an individual or a group, formally or informally, inside or outside your organisation. By the time you close the final page of this book, you will be armed with practical, proven techniques that will help you be more effective in all your business dealings."Andy Bounds taught me more about effective presenting than a lady who'd previously taught two US presidents."-Drayton Bird, chairman of Drayton Bird Partnership and world leading authority on direct marketing
The long-awaited follow-up to the international bestseller The Jelly EffectCommunication is supposed to cause something. That's the point of it. So, what do you want to achieve following your communication? Do you want someone to answer 'yes'? Do you want to improve your relationships? Do you want people to understand exactly what you're talking about, first time? Whatever you want to achieve, you'll need decent communication to get there, and expert and bestselling author Andy Bounds shows us exactly how to nail our communication. Using the same conversational style that made The Jelly Effect so popular, The Snowball Effect is packed with short, rapid fire sections complete with visuals and special features to help us get serious results from our communication.The Snowball Effect explains how to:* Persuade people to say "yes" more quickly, more often* Enjoy your job more - because you'll be calling the shots for a change* Remove the communication frustrations you feel all too often* Get more done, more quickly - because you're getting people on your side faster (these techniques have saved people at least one month every year).
Get the results you want and come out as the Top Dog in everyconversationFancy being the 'Top Dog' in all your dealings? Fedup of feeling like the underdog? So many of us regularly'lose' in conversations before we've even openedour mouths? Often without realising it, we don't seeourselves as a peer of the other person. And we transmit this inwhat we do and say ("I'll fit round you. I knowyou're really busy.") The other person picks up onthis. And, without doing a thing, they're suddenly incharge!Top Dog will teach you how to lead in all your interactions, so youcan get more of what you want, more often.Together, Andy Bounds and Richard Ruttle are experts at helpingpeople achieve more from their conversations with others. Theirtechniques work in every type of interaction--conversations,socialising, dating, interviews, sales, marketing, and networking.Basically, anytime you want to impress and persuade others.Top Dog:* Details the skill set needed to gain competitiveadvantage from the outset * Provides instructive and thought-provoking content,relevant to both beginners, and seasoned professionals* Contains insights from working with some of theworld's largest companies* Addresses how to achieve more from interactions inbusiness and social arenas
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.