- Table View
- List View
A practical, step-by-step guide for contracts managers, commercial managers, project managers, quantity surveyors, engineers and architects on the preparation of and responses to construction claims. Everyone involved in the preparation or review of construction claims should have this book to hand. The book examines the different types of claim common to construction contracts and presents a step-by-step guide to demonstrate the process of building up the submission of a claim and covers: Various types of claim. How the claim may be split into sections dealing with the details of the contract, the cause, the effect, entitlement and quantum. What this section is attempting to demonstrate or achieve and why. What should be included within the section and why. Worked examples of typical claims and responses with sample wording.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.