- Table View
- List View
The inspiring autobiography of a three-time World Touring Car champion, and almost certainly Great Britain's best-kept sporting secret . . . until now! For someone who grew up on a small island with a speed limit of just 35 mph, Andy Priaulx drives his car awfully fast. But then the man from Guernsey is a hugely determined figure who has been fighting against the odds and performing the role of underdog throughout his entire career. In this his first book, Priaulx tells of how he has fought--tooth and claw, with virtually no back-up--for every sponsor, every car, and every penny on his way to achieving his dream of one day becoming a world champion. With refreshing honesty, Priaulx reveals how he and his wife risked everything financially to get on the lower rungs of the motor racing ladder, even spending some time living in a borrowed caravan at the Silverstone circuit in an attempt to save money. "Pikey Priaulx" was his nickname at the time, but the story only goes to show how sacrifice and sheer bloody-mindedness can pay off. Priaulx's reserves of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication--not to mention his natural talent--served him well as he won the European Touring Car Championship in 2004. Motor sport's governing body, the FIA, recognizes only three world championships--Formula 1, World Rally, and World Touring Cars. Priaulx has won the WTC championship for the last three years, an unprecedented achievement. In fact, such has been Priaulx's success that he has been universally hailed as the greatest touring car driver of all time, and widely dubbed "Britain's Schumacher. " In 2007 Priaulx received the ultimate accolade when he was awarded the Gold Medal of the British Racing Drivers' Club "in recognition of outstanding contemporary racing success. " This was only the eighth time the Gold Medal has been awarded. Told in Andy's energetic and engaging style, this is the story of that most rare of sporting beasts--a true British world champion.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.