- Table View
- List View
A snowball fight leads to a new dance and starts a new town tradition. picture descriptions added.
"A concise, engaging biography for young readers. . . A fine addition to easy-reading biography collections. " --Booklist "A readable account of the life of Coretta Scott King. . . this biography shows her to be a courageous woman who can stand on her own merit, and not just as the wife of one of the world's most well-known men. " --School Library Journal From her childhood encounters with discrimination to her activism as an adult, Coretta Scott King dreamed of finding a place where people were treated equally. This compelling biography tells how she joined her husband, the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. to lead protest marches and stand up to prejudice and violence.
McGraw Hill Reading is a book meant to give teachers the resources they need to help all students succeed. Literature combined with instructions and practices ensures that students grow as life-long readers and writers.
A resource textbook the contents of which include Time of my life, Building Bridges, Imagine that!, Investigate!, Bright Ideas, and Crossroads.
This book is one of a series of Macmillan / McGraw-Hill elementary school reading texts. This text is for Grade 5.
Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Reading contains unit lessons on: Pathways, A Common Thread, With Flying Colors, Seek and Discover, Brainstorms, and All Things Considered.
A great collection of stories and practice questions to help kids improve their comprehension skills.
A collection of interesting stories and practice exercise to help students improve their comprehension skills.
This is a collection of stories and practice exercise to improve a student's comprehensions skills.
This book is designed to help students improve their reading skills. It contains stories with comprehension questions at the end of each story.
High quality literature coupled with explicit instruction and ample practice ensures that students grow as life-long readers and writers.
A textbook that helps children improve their reading skills by use of poems, play, stories and comprehension passages.
This book has unit lessons on: Pathways, A Common Thread, With Flying Colors, Seek and Discover, Barnstorms, and All Things Considered.
This book is a treasure of vast reading materials packed under the heads of What's New, Just Between us and Express yourself with plenty of illustrations.
Reading textbook for 3rd graders.
A collection of various stories containing illustrative pictures from different authors. Each story contains pictures. At the end of each story there are questions.
A textbook designed to help Georgia 1st grade students improve their reading skills.
In an African village live seven brothers who make family life miserable with their constant fighting. When their father dies, he leaves an unusual will: by sundown, the brothers must make gold out of seven spools of thread. If they fail, they will be turned out as beggars. Using the Nguzo Saba, or "seven principals" of Kwanzaa, the author has created an unforgettable story that shows how family members can pull together, for their own good and the good of the entire community. Magnificent and inspiring linoleum block prints by Daniel Minter bring joy to this Kwanzaa celebration.
When they are given the seemingly impossible task of turning thread into gold, the seven Ashanti brothers put aside their differences, learn to get along, and embody the principles of Kwanzaa. Includes information on Kwanzaa, West African cloth weaving, and instructions for making a belt.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.