- Table View
- List View
One by one, 10 very hungry rabbits find 10 very yummy vegetables for Mama Rabbit's soup pot. Caldecott Honor Book artist Anita Lobel combines learning to count with color concepts in this mouth-watering celebration of good things to eat. One big purple cabbage, two white onions, three yellow peppers, and so on through 10--garden vegetables have never looked so appetizing! Here Anita Lobel makes a delightful story for preschoolers with the two most basic early learning concepts, counting and color. And her beautiful illustrations of vegetables might even tempt picky eaters into new adventures in eating!
Alison acquired an Amaryllis for Beryl. Beryl bought a Bergonia for Crystal. Crystal cut a Chrysanthemum for Dawn. And so it went until Yolansa yanked a Yucca for Zena, who zeroed in on a Zinnia for Alison... Anita Lobel's dazzling flower paintings glow with life and turn an original and witty alphabet book into a magnificent floral display for all ages. Alison acquired an Amaryllis for Beryl. Beryl bought a Begonia for Crystal. Crystal cut a Chrysanthemum for Dawn. And so it went, until Yolanda yanked a Yucca for Zena, who zeroed in on a Zinnia for Alison ...
From adoring alligators to zany zebras, the animals in this book are sure to keep you amused with their antics. And look at the acrobats! For they are a talented group indeed.
After a hug and kiss from Mama and Papa, Lena is cozy in her bed and ready for her sleep sheep to help her fall asleep. But the sheep refuse to line up and be counted!"We're sca-a-a-a-red!" the sheep baa together. "There's a round monster in the window, making faces at us. He looks hungry and ready for a sheep snack."Lena's sheep are afraid of the full moon shining through her window. Can clever Lena help these silly sheep overcome their fears so that she can get a good night's sleep?
A simple--and simply beautiful--story for young cat lovers. One beautiful autumn day, Nini, a little tabby cat, sees that the door is open. The garden and nearby woods seem to beckon her to explore. Nini thinks the great outdoors is really, really, really nice . . . until night falls and strange animals begin sniffing and hooting and lurking about. Suddenly there is no place like home. This warm and reassuring picture book speaks to children whose curiosity has tempted them to "run away" from home. Caldecott Honor Book artist Anita Lobel's illustrations have never been more beautiful. Endearing portraits of her own beloved Nini cat in a lush autumnal setting will gladden the hearts of cat lovers of all ages.
A finalist for the National Book Award, Lobel's unforgettable memoir paints a disturbing picture of a child hiding from the Nazis in World War II. Since coming to the United States as a teenager, Lobel has spent her life as an author and illustrator of picture books.
The adventures of a large and tasty pancake that does not want to be eaten!
Pierrot collects things from his garden that begin with each letter of the alphabet.
Mama Rabbit is too sick to leave her bed. Poor Mama! When Papa Rabbit leaves home to get her some medicine, the ten little rabbit children take it upon themselves to help her feel better. One by one they bring her treats from around the house, including a steaming cup of hot chocolate, a cuddly toy, a good book, and a shiny necklace. Before long, Mama Rabbit begins to feel better even without the help of medicine.Picture-book legend Anita Lobel returns with this sweet and funny follow-up to 10 Hungry Rabbits.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.