- Table View
- List View
Learning how to use software should be a simple, straightforward, and engaging experience. The book has taken a step-by-step visual approach to teaching the key features of the Office programs, building knowledge in a logical and easy-to-follow way.
In this second edition, Guidelines for Microsoft® Office 2013, we apply those basics to the newest version of the Office suite. As in the first edition, you will find a step-by-step, visual approach that will help you quickly learn the key features of the Office applications, building knowledge in a logical and easy-to-follow way. For every skill, you will have the option of playing a Skills Video to see and hear the steps demonstrated on screen. Structured end-of-chapter and end-of-module activities and projects will help reinforce what you have learned and assess how well you can apply your new skills to realistic work and school situations. As you work through the skills, exercises, and projects in each chapter, you will gain confidence and proficiency.
The authors of Our Digital World have done a lot of work to make the writing in this book easy to read, to find ways to get you excited about how technology is evolving, and to make computing relevant to your work and personal lives.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.