- Table View
- List View
One by one, 10 very hungry rabbits find 10 very yummy vegetables for Mama Rabbit's soup pot. Caldecott Honor Book artist Anita Lobel combines learning to count with color concepts in this mouth-watering celebration of good things to eat. One big purple cabbage, two white onions, three yellow peppers, and so on through 10--garden vegetables have never looked so appetizing! Here Anita Lobel makes a delightful story for preschoolers with the two most basic early learning concepts, counting and color. And her beautiful illustrations of vegetables might even tempt picky eaters into new adventures in eating!
Alison acquired an Amaryllis for Beryl. Beryl bought a Bergonia for Crystal. Crystal cut a Chrysanthemum for Dawn. And so it went until Yolansa yanked a Yucca for Zena, who zeroed in on a Zinnia for Alison... Anita Lobel's dazzling flower paintings glow with life and turn an original and witty alphabet book into a magnificent floral display for all ages. Alison acquired an Amaryllis for Beryl. Beryl bought a Begonia for Crystal. Crystal cut a Chrysanthemum for Dawn. And so it went, until Yolanda yanked a Yucca for Zena, who zeroed in on a Zinnia for Alison ...
From adoring alligators to zany zebras, the animals in this book are sure to keep you amused with their antics. And look at the acrobats! For they are a talented group indeed.
After a hug and kiss from Mama and Papa, Lena is cozy in her bed and ready for her sleep sheep to help her fall asleep. But the sheep refuse to line up and be counted!"We're sca-a-a-a-red!" the sheep baa together. "There's a round monster in the window, making faces at us. He looks hungry and ready for a sheep snack."Lena's sheep are afraid of the full moon shining through her window. Can clever Lena help these silly sheep overcome their fears so that she can get a good night's sleep?
A simple--and simply beautiful--story for young cat lovers. One beautiful autumn day, Nini, a little tabby cat, sees that the door is open. The garden and nearby woods seem to beckon her to explore. Nini thinks the great outdoors is really, really, really nice . . . until night falls and strange animals begin sniffing and hooting and lurking about. Suddenly there is no place like home. This warm and reassuring picture book speaks to children whose curiosity has tempted them to "run away" from home. Caldecott Honor Book artist Anita Lobel's illustrations have never been more beautiful. Endearing portraits of her own beloved Nini cat in a lush autumnal setting will gladden the hearts of cat lovers of all ages.
A finalist for the National Book Award, Lobel's unforgettable memoir paints a disturbing picture of a child hiding from the Nazis in World War II. Since coming to the United States as a teenager, Lobel has spent her life as an author and illustrator of picture books.
Pierrot collects things from his garden that begin with each letter of the alphabet.
Mama Rabbit is too sick to leave her bed. Poor Mama! When Papa Rabbit leaves home to get her some medicine, the ten little rabbit children take it upon themselves to help her feel better. One by one they bring her treats from around the house, including a steaming cup of hot chocolate, a cuddly toy, a good book, and a shiny necklace. Before long, Mama Rabbit begins to feel better even without the help of medicine.Picture-book legend Anita Lobel returns with this sweet and funny follow-up to 10 Hungry Rabbits.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.