- Table View
- List View
Designed for the beginning health care student, Introduction to Medical Terminology, Second Edition, simplifies the process of learning hundreds of complex medical terms. The See and Say pronunciation system makes pronouncing unfamiliar terms easy. Because word parts are integral to learning medical terminology, mastery of these "building blocks" is emphasized in every chapter. Organized by body system, chapters begin with an overview of the structures and functions of that system so you can relate these to the specialties, pathology, diagnostic, and treatment procedures that follow. A workbook offers word part and comprehensive medical terminology reviews, flashcards, and learning exercises in a variety of formats that require written answers.
This undergraduate textbook describes the structure and function of the 12 systems that make up the human body, defines each system's pathology, and overviews the primary diagnostic and treatment procedures performed. Color illustrations are provided. The CD- ROM contains exercises and games. Annotation (c)2003 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Use a proven combination of learning principles and exercises to make learning medical terminology easier . Now in its 7th Edition, MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONS simplifies the process of memorizing complex medical terminology by focusing on the important word parts -- the common prefixes, suffixes and root words -- to provide a foundation for learning hundreds of medical terms. Organized by body systems, the chapters begin with an overview of the terminology related to the body's structures and functions, then proceed through diseases and disorders, and finally diagnostic procedures and treatments. This helps students master the necessary language to describe how the human body works, what goes wrong with it, and how we treat it. Every chapter engages learners with the See and Say pronunciation system, intreractive excersizes, real life medical scenarios and critical thinking exercises. An updated art program includes illustrations that reflect the latest terms and procedures, and multi-cultural /multi-generational photos that accurately portray today's medical world. Built-in multimedia is included with the text on the StudyWare CD-ROM. This resource is packed full of activities that engage student with games, quizzes, animations, and an audio glossary -ultimately helping students study , prepare for exams, and achieve success . Optional workbook and online courseware is also available.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.