Master Your Coursework with Collins College Outlines The Collins College Outline for Introduion to Psychology provides students with a detailed overview of basic psychology coursework. This book covers research methods, behavior, perception, cognition, human development, personality, intelligence, psychological disorders, and much more. Completely revised and updated by Dr. Joseph Johnson, this book includes a test yourself seion with answers and complete explanations at the end of each chaper. Also included are bibliographies for further reading, as well as numerous graphs, charts, and illustrations. The Collins College Outlines are a completely revised, in-depth series of study guides for all areas of study, including the Humanities, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Science, Language, History, and Business. Featuring the most up-to-date information, each book is written by a seasoned professor in the field and focuses on a simplified and general overview of the subje for college students and, where appropriate, Advanced Placement students. Each Collins College Outline is fully integrated with the major curriculum for its subje and is a perfe supplement for any standard textbook.
This book represents a marriage of that scientific tradition with the immediacy and vitality of teaching what we know about the human condition. It is an enriched view of psychological knowledge that combines the basic, accumulated wisdom from scientific psychology with the contemporary views of human nature that emerge from the study of human diversity.
Psychology AP* Edition has been specifically designed to prepare you for the AP* Exam,with a close eye on content coverage and accuracy.
Psychologists have set the standard for the methodology and scientific study of behaviors and mental processes. By making the empirical approach the standard for all psychological research, psychologists have been able to conduct studies that have changed the way we think. Giving you a more complete explanation of what we mean by the science of psychology will occupy much of the rest of the chapter. For the moment, we want to focus on a point that is only implied in our definition of psychology: the notion that psychology is not mere speculation about human nature, nor is it a body of folk wisdom about people that "everybody knows" to be true. Throughout this book you will find many examples of such "commonsense" ideas that psychological science has shown to be false.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.