- Table View
- List View
When it comes to teen beauty advice, no brand is more trusted than Seventeen, the #1 best-selling monthly teen magazine. Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Beauty is a girl's handbook to celebrating her natural beauty. It's packed with clear, customized service that helps make the most of her skin tone, her face shape, her hair texture, and her style! Each chapter is filled with detailed how-tos, amazing inspiration, and awesome advice from Seventeen's editors and the Beauty Smarties, our real-girl beauty experts, to help the reader have fun with her look!.Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Beauty is broken down into three main sections: makeup, hair, and a resource guide. Makeup is organized by five beauty vibes--Girly, Boho, Classic, Glam, and Edgy--and shows you how to look great for any occasion (school, weekend, party, date). Each vibe offers exclusive makeup looks from Seventeen's Beauty Smarties, insider secrets from celeb experts, and an inspiration board filled with runway, red carpet, and real girl ideas. Hair is organized by styles: braids and twists, waves and curls, updos and buns, sleek and straight, and ponytails. Each chapter includes easy-to-do styles for every occasion, a Smarties spotlight, celeb tricks, and an inspiration board. The book ends with comprehensive resource guides to getting clear skin and great nails--and gives detailed info on getting ready for a big event, like prom or sweet sixteen.
In Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Guys, the magazine's trusted editors and its knowledgeable "Hot Guys Panel" give girl's a must-have manual that gives them guys' perspectives on flirting, hooking up, dating, relationships, and falling in love.The book gives answers to burning questions, like:What does his text really mean?Does he likes you...or not?What flirting moves do guys like and don't?Plus many more!The book also gives girls the scoop on hooking up, how to drop the "L-bomb," and the best ways to deal with a breakup. Featuring the magazine's Hot Guy Panel, Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Guys is illustrated by hundreds of photos, and includes interactive quizzes and lessons on love and dating from real guys.
No brand is more trusted among teens and young women than Seventeen. The monthly magazine's more than 13 million devoted readers know it is the place to learn about what matters most to a girl--and fashion is at the top of the list! Packed with amazing clothes and indispensable style advice, Seventeen's Ultimate Guide to Style is the book readers will turn to again and again for fashion inspiration. Seventeen's Ultimate Guide to Style is all about teaching young women to cultivate their own unique style. The book draws advice from the magazine's editors, real-girl style experts, Hollywood stylists, and celebrity fashion icons. Its chapters explore seven timeless fashion vibes: Classic, Edgy, Girly, Glam, Sporty, Artsy, and Boho. Each section breaks down all a girl needs to know about mastering the look and giving it her personal twist. Throughout its beautifully illustrated pages, the book also provides young women with endless ideas to maximize their wardrobe, stretch their dollar, and make everyday basics work in hundreds of ways. Seventeen's Ultimate Guide to Style is an indispensable resource for young fashionistas everywhere.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.