- Table View
- List View
"I LOVED it...sweet, sensitive, and delicious!"--Erin Dionne, author of Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies WANTED: Maid for the most popular kids in 8th grade. Cleaning up after the in-crowd gets Rachel all the best dirt. Rachel can't believe she has to give up her Saturdays to scrubbing other people's toilets. So. Gross. But she kinda, sorta stole $287.22 from her college fund that she's got to pay back ASAP or her mom will ground her for life. Which is even worse than working for her mother's new cleaning business. Maybe. After all, becoming a maid is definitely not going to help her already loserish reputation. But Rachel picks up more than smell socks on the job. As maid to some of the most popular kids in school, Rachel suddenly has all the dirt on the 8th grade in-crowd. Her formerly boring diary is now filled with juicy secrets. And when her crush offers to pay her to spy on his girlfriend, Rachel has to decide if she's willing to get her hands dirty...
I know what you're thinking: "Can she talk to animals?" Yes, those chatty woodland creatures won't shut up. It's not as cute as you'd think. What's an Adventurer, You Ask? An underappreciated girl like me who travels around to magical Kingdoms saving creatures you don't even know exist. And trust me, they need a lot of help. My new missions is in the Land of Tales (the crazy place all fairy tales come from) to face off with an evil witch and complete Three Impossible Tasks. Easy, right? Being an adventurer is no fairy tale, but this is one mission I can't fail. --Jenny the Adventurer Praise for My Very UnFairy Tale Life: "A light comic romp...Charming."--Kirkus "A speedy and amusing ride...will keep readers entertained."--Publishers Weekly "A magical world that's totally relatable. You'll find yourself wishing you were alongside Jenny fighting against unicorns (who aren't as peaceful as you think) and traveling to fantastical realms."--GirlsLife.com
Praise for My Very UnFairy Tale Life series: "Flippant fantasy fun."--Kirkus "[A] breezy magical romp...the joking tone and thoughtful fairy tale play make this a fresh middle-grade read."--The Horn Book blog "A magical world that's totally relatable. You'll find yourself wishing you were alongside Jenny fighting against unicorns (who aren't as peaceful as you think) and traveling to fantastical realms."--GirlsLife.com You think a trip to Fairy Land sounds fun? Clearly you've never been turned into a mouse by an Evil Queen. This. Is. It. My most important mission as a magical adventurer ever. And probably my last. 'Cause I'm pretty sure if I defy the council and travel to Fairy Land to rescue my parents, I'm so fired. They say it's too dangerous. That the Queen Fairy is crazy, and she's hoarding all the magic to do unspeakable things (like steal the leprechauns' gold and make all of her subjects attend mandatory parades). But none of that matters. I finally have a chance at happily ever after with my family. And crazy fairy or no crazy fairy, I'll do whatever it takes to bring them home. --Jenny the Adventurer
"You know all those stories that claim fairies cry sparkle tears and elves travel by rainbow? They're lies. All lies." Twelve-year-old Jenny has spent the last two years as an adventurer helping magical kingdoms around the universe. But it's a thankless job, leaving her no time for school or friends. She'd almost rather take a math test than rescue yet another magical creature! When Jenny is sent on yet another mission, she has a tough choice to make: quit and have her normal life back, or fulfill her promise and go into a battle she doesn't think she can win.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.