- Table View
- List View
Anna Thomas's first cookbook, The Vegetarian Epicure, spoke to a generation of young people like herself who wanted a meatless diet, yet also wanted to enjoy delicious food. Anna's latest book of all-new vegetarian recipes, Love Soup, embraces the most enduring comfort food and places it in the center of the table. "From my kitchen to yours," Anna says, "here are the best soups I've ever made." One hundred soups--all of them vegetarian and many vegan--are organized to help you cook through the seasons. There are hearty winter soups, refreshing summer soups, and filling one-pot meals--try a black bean and squash soup in the fall, smoky eggplant soup in midsummer, or wild mushroom soup for the holidays. Menus present easy soup suppers, and a generous portion of Love Soup is devoted to Anna's favorite recipes for breads, salads, hummus, and other nibbles that can turn a bowl of soup into a relaxed meal to share with friends. Throughout, Anna offers advice on shopping, seasoning, tasting, and becoming a cook. With soups that delight and nourish, Anna invites us all into the kitchen, reminding us of the joy and good sense of home cooking.
Winner of the James Beard Foundation Book of the Year, Healthy Focus: delicious recipes for vegetarian soups from the author of "the most influential cookbooks in the history of modern vegetarian cuisine" (Chicago Sun-Times). Anna Thomas's Vegetarian Epicure cookbooks have sold millions of copies and inspired generations. Now she describes her love affair with the ultimate comfort food. "From my kitchen to yours," Thomas says, "here are the best soups I've ever made." Her wonderfully creative recipes make use of fresh, seasonal produce--try black bean and squash soup in the fall, smoky eggplant soup in midsummer, or seductively perfumed wild mushroom soup for Christmas. Silky puree or rib-sticking chowder--each recipe has room for variation, and nearly all are vegan-friendly. Love Soup also provides recipes for breads, hummus, pesto, salads, and homey desserts--and simple menus that put soup at the heart of the meal. Throughout, Thomas offers expert advice on shopping, seasoning, tasting, becoming a cook. With soups that delight and nourish, Thomas invites us all into the kitchen, to the most old-fashioned food and the newest, to the joy and good sense of home cooking.
262 recipes that bring vegetarian cooking to new gastronomic heights with talk about good food, the art of making fine breads, and menus designed to make every meal a delight and a celebration of life.
Here are 325 glorious new recipes from Anna Thomas, whose fresh and delicious approach to vegetables and other fruits of the earth has made her first Vegetarian Epicure a classic--inspiring vegetarians to new culinary heights and giving non-vegetarians a source of wonderful dishes without meat. Now she is back with a whole new and rich variety of dishes for every occasion. Her Vegetarian Epicure Book Two--with its forays into foreign cuisines, its menu ideas from many countries, its superb creations from her own kitchen--will be a joy to every good cook.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.