- Table View
- List View
The computer and the Internet loom larger each year in the school lives of many children. This book acquaints the parent and teacher with the applicable computer function for a reading task and sample cutting edge software.
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) stands at the forefront of contemporary efforts to create universal access to educational curricula for all students, including those with disabilities. The universal in UDL does not mean there is a single optimal solution for everyone.
This book presents principles and applications of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), a research-based framework for responding to individual learning differences and a blueprint for the modern redesign of education. Early chapters lay out the foundation of UDL, describing neuroscience research on learning differences, the uses of digital media in the classroom, and the creation of flexible curricula. Later chapters show how to set appropriate goals for each student, how to choose methods and materials, and how to assess students' progress. The authors are cofounders and codirectors of the Center for Applied Special Technology. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Clearly written and well organized, this book shows how to apply the principles of universal design for learning (UDL) across all subject areas and grade levels. The editors and contributors describe practical ways to develop classroom goals, assessments, materials, and methods that use UDL to meet the needs of all learners. Specific teaching ideas are presented for reading, writing, science, mathematics, history, and the arts, including detailed examples and troubleshooting tips. Particular attention is given to how UDL can inform effective, innovative uses of technology in the inclusive classroom.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.