- Table View
- List View
Any good manager feels an intuitive need to build trust inside his or her company and among employees. Self-improvement is an integral part of creating a trust-building climate and current books on leadership and corporate issues understate the importance of this element. Developing further the ideas in THE TRUSTED ADVISOR, the authors move from discussing how managers can make themselves and their company trustworthy to clients and customers to how they can build trust within an organization, between manager and colleagues, bosses, and employees. Instead of focusing on Business to Business, The Trusted Leader deals with building internal, managerial and organizational trust. The authors parse the different kinds of trust, give diagnostic ways to determine whether trust is missing and where it needs to be supplemented, and ways to restore trust when it has been betrayed. The book will contain numerous exercises and quizzes, as well as formulas that quantify the economies of trust and show its importance in an organization. Stories of managers and employees working through issues of trust in many different real-life situations cover many different corporate situations and scenarios (acquisitions, slowdowns, and internal and external crises), making this the most complete guide on the subject for managers.xecutive departures are often trust-destroyers. The Trusted Leader examines those defining moments, and helps leaders turn such situations into trust-building experiences, creating a culture and legacy of trust throughout the organization at large. Rich in true stories, examples, and practical advice, The Trusted Leader guides leaders on how to climb the ladder of trust and how to secure their legacy as trusted leaders. For managers of all levels, The Trusted Leader is the only comprehensive guide for building trust inside an organization -- the key to every company's long-term survival and success.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.